Friday, February 8, 2013

Sheamus

Sheamus is how I'm beginning this blog because he is the reason I began watched WWE in the first place. He is the reason I went to see WWE live when I wasn't even a fan yet. Turns out it was one of the best nights I've had. I'm a huge sports fan and I'm loud, so if you've ever or will ever attend an event and I happen to be there, I am so sorry, I just can't help myself.


My inspiration for this was Sheamus' new ring gear which is fairly difficult to find a recent picture of but here is the best I could do.



You should know, lips are one of my focal points in makeup, I actually find them more fun to play around with than eyes, although it's tight race.

This is what I came up with. 


Let's get started shall we?


These are my tools and supplies which I will list as we go.

This is 100% fresh faced right after a shower.

To start I cover my imperfections and blemishes, I feel like I have very open pores around and on my nose so I like to go over those as well.

I use this concealer brush by EcoTools and L'Oreal's True Match



I use this L'Oreal True Match powder foundation all over, making sure to blend down my neck as well to avoid looking like I'm wearing a mask.

That results in a smoother canvas to work on.


Now the fun begins! I always begin with my eyes. The palette I have is the 78 palette by Coastal Scents, I highly recommend their eye shadows, they are very pigmented and last long.


 I like to put a drop of Visine eye drops(in this case we didn't have eye drops so I used water) on the back of my hand and then mix the shadow into that so it's applied wet. I find that the eye shadows come out much brighter and bolder and last longer.

Unfortunately, I got so lost in the creative stage at the beginning that I completely forgot to take pictures of the she shadow steps but I will do my best to explain.


I started with this gold all over my lid.

I then used this black on my crease, staring in the outer corner and working my way in above the gold. I like to bring the black up a little higher to make my crease look a little bigger.

Lastly I used a mix of these three reds(the square of four, top left, and bottom row), I used these on the inside of the black, as a transition between the gold and black


 Please ignore my need to wax my eyebrows.
This is what that looks like.

I wanted to bring in some of the green that Sheamus used to wear so I used a mix of greens below my lower lash line.


I used this black eye liner by Eveline Cosmetics on my lower waterline.


I picked this mascara up at Sally's Beauty supply and decided to give it a go. I like to apply my mascara on both my upper and lower lashes. I do this mainly because I love the Twiggy look and happen to have very long lower eyelashes.

 I have very sensitive eyes so they water when its bright out, they water if its a bit windy, if its cold out, if I haven't worn makeup in a while etc. I don't like using eye liner pencil on my lids because I feel like I can't get as detailed as I want, liquid eyeliner is a disaster with my sensitive eyes and always runs so its pointless. This Maybelline Eyestudio creme eyeliner is amazing! It stays stays stays! After finding this I will always line my eyes when I do eye makeup.
 I don't actually use the brush that comes with the eyeliner, I use an actually painter's pencil, size and brand pictured above. 
I feel I can manipulate the eyeliner much better with this brush.



Now for my favorite part, lips!

I used the same gold that I used on the eyes, and the same technique(eye drops) all over my lips. I wasn't worried about it being perfect because I can always clean the lines up later and in this case I was using a lot more than just the gold.


Again at the point the creativity got the better of me and I forgot to document the next step. After going all over with the gold, I took the black eyeliner and used that on my lips, leaving a nice, thick vertical strip of gold off to one side. I then used the same red mix as I used on the eyes to make a red strip within the gold, so it was a red strip with two small gold strips on either side, then black. This came out to look like this:

I did go in after this picture to adjust the strip because the black on the other side went up a little higher.

That completes my Sheamus makeup.





I really enjoyed this makeup and hope you did as well.

Fun Fact: My left eyebrow is naturally way more arched than my right.
















What's next?
Comment and let me know what WWE superstar or diva you would like me to do a makeup for next!

1 comment: